Worth Sharing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

save$

Minister of Fire
Sep 22, 2008
Chelsea Maine
woods.jpg

I agree for the most part, but not impossible during hunting season if you are not hunting.

Nice thought for the day.

Or if a tree falls on you, Or if you come across a bear that has cubs nearby.

I was thinking the other day that I really love my busy/productive life, but I don't get in the woods like I used to (haven't had time for hunting in years). I really have to get out for foliage this year.

I'd like to get out and enjoy the fall in the woods this year not just from afar in a vehicle

If I don't get to the woods 2 days per month I have withdrawals & am grumpier than usual.

Even just for a nice relaxing walk & looking at things.

I was stressed out the other night, I grabbed the chainsaw and went up to woods to clear some trails. Great way to chill out.

This was taken here in Maine last year. Nature sure knows how to put on a show.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 141
Reactions: Gark
I get to the woods every day. Of course, we live in the woods... Today, two times I headed in back with the atv. Both times one of our does was standing under an apple tree. Naturally, I stopped when I saw her. She is used to me being around so did not run off but kept eating apples. Those are sweet times.

Here is a picture taken of the Cut River bridge in MI. The picture was taken from an airplane because right straight under the plane is Lake Michigan!

Cut River Bridge.JPG

Reactions: Gark
I always love to go visit some of our friends that live in a remote part of our state. As I do love the woods, and especially woods that are far away from civilization. You get kind of freaked out when out in remote areas , as you don't realize what noise pollution is till you experience no man made noise. Around where I live is out in the country but there are highways and air planes etc.. You may not notice them as they are far away but that background noise is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.