Would a BLOG work for writers here?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Things are slow, so forgive my posting in the wrong forums.....

I'm wondering if some of our regulars would enjoy blogging in addition to the forum. The difference would be that bloggers (not everyone) could post their writings - other can only then comment. This is a bit of a cleaner format than a forum, and it would be in addition to the Forum, not instead of it.

It is more like online newspaper columns.

The thing is, we would need to have 5 to 10 regulars who posted at least once every couple of weeks. Articles could follow any format, such as commentary, some new products you may have discovered, some energy or solid fuel related stories, etc.

Length could be anything from one paragraph to 6,000 words. People both inside and outside the industry would be welcome.

Could contain links, etc.

Questions? Opinions?

I think I'd like it, BUT I've tried to start my own blog before and just never get really into it after a few weeks. Perhaps I would be more likely to post continually once I'm actually in the industry.

Craig, i think it is a great idea and will help empower the enourmous knowledge base of your posters. this is one of the most knowledgable and friendly communities on the net, its time to take it to the next level. i would volunteer to write, but will be writing my own on a fairly regular basis and my topics might not appeal to the masses on this site.

As long as the topics are related to the hearth or general green energy, policy, etc - then it would be OK. The stuff would get picked up by search engines and also would be searchable within the blogs.

If we do this, I will send out a call for writers by email and here......

I'm like Shane, never blogged before, but I'm willing to give it a try. I think there is a lot to be said for the format that doesn't work on the forum. Count me in.

UncleRich said:
I'm like Shane, never blogged before, but I'm willing to give it a try. I think there is a lot to be said for the format that doesn't work on the forum. Count me in.

Ditto....

...To borrow a quote (From GVA) "...I'm a repository of useless information" lol :)

The blog might be a good idea...Could keep the Ashcan from "melting down".

Status
Not open for further replies.