Would like to control my stove with my smartphone, would this thermostat work?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like you need a 24v incoming power source to run it on WiFi....do you have that?

I would go with the skytech 3301p $150.00 on amazon. It's millivolt compatable not controllable from your phone. But you can program it to come on before you wake or come home. Has a swing setting to avoid short cycling and you can put the remote up to 20 feet away.

I would go with the skytech 3301p $150.00 on amazon. It's millivolt compatable not controllable from your phone. But you can program it to come on before you wake or come home. Has a swing setting to avoid short cycling and you can put the remote up to 20 feet away.
Except for the part about being able to move it around, any good programmable stat will allow those things, and for MUCH less $$.

For example:

http://www.amazon.com/Lux-TX9100E-U...e=UTF8&qid=1380599495&sr=8-1&keywords=tx9100e

Hello

You can also control your stove with any smartphone using the WiFi Ecobee EB-Stat-02 which is millivolt compatable with the optional AC adapter for $20
I like the additional remote module which allows you to plug in more sensors such as flood sensors for the basement or indoor/outdoor temp sensors. :)

Also has a 3 year warranty.

I have the same t stat as in the OP (2, actually) and it will work over the net, and I'm pretty sure its good for all outputs. You do need a 24vac supply, though, in my case i just needed a 3 write t stat line, power, common and switched. The zone controller supplies the power.

Have been running and controlling our oil burner and pellet stove for 2 years now using 2 of these:

http://www.controlbyweb.com/x300/

These are industrial quality and work well.
They send their current, daily, I.P. address to dyndns.com.
I access a link at dyndns.com (for free) to monitor and control things.
If I loose the internet link, they continue like a regular thermostat.

I travel a lot and am able to monitor and control home from an iPhone.

Have been running and controlling our oil burner and pellet stove for 2 years now using 2 of these:

http://www.controlbyweb.com/x300/

These are industrial quality and work well.
They send their current, daily, I.P. address to dyndns.com.
I access a link at dyndns.com (for free) to monitor and control things.
If I loose the internet link, they continue like a regular thermostat.

I travel a lot and am able to monitor and control home from an iPhone.

$200+
plus cabling?

Not cheap but they work great.

Cabling is just an Ethernet cable to our router and Thermostat wires to stove.
Setup program is in device and easy to set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.