Would LOVE help with my purchasing desicion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Green Egg, period.

I bought this one about 8-10 years ago and it suits my needs well. I like the cast iron grates.
I tend to view grills like wood stoves-always looking but never need em. Drives 99 mad.
Right now, i have four wood stoves, two that I don't use (and won't sell).
I also have four grills (not counting the camping grills) and only use two.

http://www.chargriller.com/index.ph...&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

I hung up my smoking jacket a couple years ago, but my perfectionist buddy who's been smoking for years loves the Weber.
The big green egg perked my interest a couple years ago but I smoked year round and heard too many stories of cracked eggs when there was a big temperature swing, ie, firing it up in the winter.
I presume there will be a sampling day once the decision is made and a meal is cooked?

Status
Not open for further replies.