Would the stove over fire?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AppalachianStan

Minister of Fire
Nov 4, 2011
Clover SC
I got my stove up to 650°F yesterday morning on 3 2"x4" and 5 splits. If I load the stove up would the stove over fire?

AppalachianStan said:
I got my stove up to 650°F yesterday morning on 3 2"x4" and 5 splits. If I load the stove up would the stove over fire?

I don't have experience with your stove, but I have to believe it won't overfire if you manage the air feed down. You need to experiment with your installation, stove/chimney/temperature combination to determine what amount of air gets it up to that nice cruising temp you want to maintain.

AppalachianStan said:
Hey there forgot about you, you got it fiixed did ya? Yu will learn how to run your stove with time, I can get my stove hot on a small amount of wood but with a full load I make sure the air gets turned down early to prevent it getting away from me.

Probably not, but it is possible. This has more to do with how the stove is regulated at various stages of the burn. Once the cats are installed, I would say that overfiring would be unlikely unless one spaced out closing down the air control after the fire was well established and the cats were engaged.

I know text week we are suppose to be down in the teens here I would like to get an over night burn as best as I can right. I have got 4 hours on those 600*F temps. But it has been to hot here during the day to get it that hot. with the air wash on this stove and the temp keeps climbing until it top out with the air intake closed all the way down.

Status
Not open for further replies.