would this work as a battery backup ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the wiring diagram carefully on the 491 and you will see that the control contacts are not isolated but tie to the 120 supply circuit.

Never mind I misread the diagram. It will work.

Might be cheaper to add some vertical rise to venting. Natural draft = no smoke in house.

Wiring this up so that it will power the stove through an orderly shutdown seems like a good idea.

This said, I have three different Pellet stoves here at my place and have had power outages that effected all of them at one time or another.

All of our stoves are direct vented (without a tall stack) and to date we have never had any issues with smoke in the house after an outage.

Maybe some models of stoves are more prone to smoking back into the room under this sort of condition but I have not seen it.

If you have a tall chimney, the natural draft should take care of venting the stove until the fire is out.

Good luck with the Gizmo.

Snowy

Good for you. That has not been my experience. When I'm finished I'll be able to leave the stove unattended without worry of power glitches and I'll be able to run it on any generator all without having to worry about the quanity or quality of the utility. Plus its fun.

Just watched it go thru 3 power hits. Ups kicked in and worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.