Would you install like this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mfglickman said:
tjnamtiw said:
mfglickman said:
tjnamtiw said:
Wish we had a bigger picture. It almost looks like it's PhotoShopped in there. No hearth pad? Ugly as hell. Not even centered in window. Why?

I've seen some hair raising craigslist ads of stoves with flames on carpet and hardwood floors, right next to sofas, etc...yikes.

In the OP's pic, the answer is obvious...there is a valance on the window that matches the wallpaper border in the room...cough...cough.

That the valance and border are awful. :p

I don't see what you are getting at. I do see the valance and border.

you got that right!!! So the install is as ugly as the decorations! I'm a little slow..............

Being perfectly lined up height wise with the outlets, I wonder if they also hit the wiring between the two or just have it laying on top of the pipe....................... No doubt.

Maybe it started out as a corner install, but since alcohol was involved….

come on guys its real easy to see why they did the install that way. They wanted all horizontal lines in the house. how would that look to run a vertical pipe and exit above the window. oh i would have removed it before realtor's stopped in.

Status
Not open for further replies.