Wow 22* in the morning -2* right now!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabel

Minister of Fire
Jan 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
We're getting it right now! Global warming my ***. Man, it is -22* with the wind chill :bug:

I have to say I am impressed with this encore...74* on the main floor & 62* upstairs...heating well insulated 3100 sq ft. house. Main furnace only kicks-in in the mornings, the "lady" needs her bathroom warm in the morning %-P

Obviously, this stove is way undersized to heat the house 100% nevertheless I am impressed!

That is cold, looks like the stove is doing its job well. It is down to 21 degrees here, which is cold for Virginia. Probably a heat wave for you.

We had -20 the other morning with 40 mph winds.
Woke up to a 68 degree house.

And today i went fishing in jeans and a sweatshirt.
Crazy weather up here.

The stove is for sure earning its keep! This is way too cold for this time of year.

Had a inch of snow yesterday and that helped bring this mournings temp down to 13 deg!fire down to a few hot coals now and 68 in here now.

Last night I plowed the driveway (plow on tractor) and it was 10* with 25 mph wind, i would say -5 or so with wind chill. Woke up this morning, temp was -8*, -26* with wind chill. House was 64 but the oil had come on, not sure when though. It woke me up at 4:15 because I noticed that the blower was running longer than it usually does at that time of the morning.

its chilly here in mass bout 13 degrees with a wind chill
1st level is at 74 upstairs hallway 72 with rooms off the hallway in 60s
just me and the wife we can survive

It's cold outside here but roasting nicely indoors!

Status
Not open for further replies.