WOW! $240 a cord and seasoned a WHOLE 2 MONTHS!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at one of the $6 supermarket packages ($5 a few weeks ago), and the label lists it as 0.75 cuft. Just fyi.

clarkharms said:
High end service should include starting the fire, maintaining the fire, and ash removal once the fire is out. Of course the persone doing this will be required to wear a tux.

Wait..... I see a bidness opportunity here! Kinda like the pool companies sending someone out to clean your pool. I think for $50/hr, I could supply the wood, deliver it in a black Escalade, carry it in with a Gucci leather bag and dispose of the remains in a suitably embellished ash can. Heck, I'll even tend bar! I might even be tempted to use some of my semi precious red oak, 2 years seasoned. I could burn a lot of gas for that kind of money...

Chris

Last year I paid $300 for a CSD (1 year old dried) cord. This year it was $330. I know the guy and trust him and the wood is dry. This is actually a good rate for my area. Some of the folks that sell you green wood ask a bit less but it is really green. They tell you it is aged (yes, for at least 1 month). I would have to be much farther out in farm country to get a better deal.

Redox said:
clarkharms said:
High end service should include starting the fire, maintaining the fire, and ash removal once the fire is out. Of course the persone doing this will be required to wear a tux.

Wait..... I see a bidness opportunity here! Kinda like the pool companies sending someone out to clean your pool. I think for $50/hr, I could supply the wood, deliver it in a black Escalade, carry it in with a Gucci leather bag and dispose of the remains in a suitably embellished ash can. Heck, I'll even tend bar! I might even be tempted to use some of my semi precious red oak, 2 years seasoned. I could burn a lot of gas for that kind of money...

Chris

And just how much extra would you be thinking about charging for taking out the kitty-litter along with those ashes? ;-P

sonnyinbc said:
Redox said:
clarkharms said:

Chris

And just how much extra would you be thinking about charging for taking out the kitty-litter along with those ashes? ;-P

Don't laugh; I've done that. Back when I serviced appliances, a pregnant housewife paid me to dump the litter box. Didn't have a tux on, though...

However, there are service companies around here that will stop in and remove the dog droppings from your yard. Seems like a natural progression, if you ask me. Cart the trash to the curb, Ma'am??

http://www.poopbutler.com/home.htm

Sorry, Rocky; we're WAAAAAY off topic here...

Chris

I dont know how to tell you guys after the disturbance I caused with the 900. cord but i have just introduced after popular demand a "cord of 3' hand split White Birch" cost 2400. I only have 9 cords left so dont delay order today...chris, order 2 cords and ill through in a free pooper scooper. Peter

Hum, what's the attractions of White Birch? I think that's what I have around my house, some too close and candidate to come down. It has been my experience that wood isn't the best for the fireplace. But then its "free" (sweat labor) not $2,400 .. and 3 foot long lengths? Hand split? How does one know when looking at the wood if it is hand or hydraulic-ram split?

Again, I'm not "knocking" you or your business, just curious. But then I don't understand why anyone pays $100,000 for a 7-series BMW. But some do, I see them on the road, especially in California, where I do not live.

peter@gmfirewood said:
I dont know how to tell you guys after the disturbance I caused with the 900. cord but i have just introduced after popular demand a "cord of 3' hand split White Birch" cost 2400. I only have 9 cords left so dont delay order today...chris, order 2 cords and ill through in a free pooper scooper. Peter

How much to deliver to Baltimore? :)

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.