Wow $33 bucks for an air filter!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes
I wanted to have a spare air filter for my new to me MS 260
After researching this air filter ,and finding it has the choke mechanism built into the air filter not the carburetor.
I'm use to Husky's ... is this normal for Stihl saws?
Just surprised ...
I know I could of gone the internet way ,but I wanted to match up the filter since it was $33..
Thanks just venting I guess!

Make sure you check amazon. It is the only place I buy spark plugs and oil filters anymore....about half price for NGK's.

Ebay 3.99 with free shipping from China

That's expensive for an air filter.

I can see why folks would turn to online at those prices. I have yet to pay more than $15 for an air filter at my local saw shop. Yes I could get them cheaper online. But I like supporting small business. It pays back too, because that same saw shop has given me discounts , great advice, and even loaner saws in the past when I had a failure. Plus a loaner lawn mower too years back

Have you asked them why so much ? I used to own a 260 and I'd remember if I ever paid that much for a filter. Can't say it was a Stihl part, but it came from my local retailer. Probably aftermarket

Go to amazon. I'll never buy another filter, carb or spark plug in store again.

Reactions: TreePointer
That's expensive for an air filter.

Have you asked them why so much ? I used to own a 260 and I'd remember if I ever paid that much for a filter. Can't say it was a Stihl part, but it came from my local retailer. Probably aftermarket
Answer: the choke mechanism is built into the air filter not the carburetor.

Answer: the choke mechanism is built into the air filter not the carburetor.

Ya but that's not a first. Like I said I used to own a 260 I'm aware of this, and I would remember if I ever paid that much for an air filter from a Stihl dealer.

I think that dealer is way over pricing parts. Lots of older saws have a similar set up. With cheap air filters.

I guess online is better in this case or a better less greedy dealer

I know the newer 261 filter without the choke built in run me around $30 at the dealer. I've never had to pay that much for the choke style ones for my 026. Best I can remember they are usually around $15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.