WOW - Bear Mountain Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goatman-68

Nov 30, 2008
Central Wisconsin
I traded a couple bags of my Uncle Jeds Cold Remedy and Heartland pellets with a co-worker yesterday for some Bear Mountain pellets. What a difference in the way the pellets look and burn. The Bear Mountain left (no) ash after burning one bag and my burn pot was still very clean. trouble is they are expensive, around $310.00 per ton and they sell out around here (WI) way before the season starts.

I guess for the price of Uncle Jeds $232.00 (early buy program) for 60 bag skid, they are probably still the best bang for the buck and I think they are rated at about 8200 btu. Bear Mountain I think are rated at 8500 btu so they are alittle hotter and almost ash free.

whats the saying, you get what you pay for. If they are more expensive but burn better, than it might be worth it.

Ya, I know what your saying, but I don't mind cleaning my stove every day. In our area Propane is now $1.29 per gallon, so it is more tempting to use the furnace, but I still like the warm heat of the pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.