WOW Freedom Pellets at depot for $124.5/ton Toms River NJ/=UPDATE-sign was wrong $249 per ton not pe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

offingmoot

Jul 15, 2008
Central/South Jersey
My stove dealer is offering me 1 ton of Energex pellets for $300/ton. The guy installing my stove is going to bring 1/2 when he delivers my stove. i will still have to pickup the rest on my own and i dont own a truck.
Depot has the truck rentals for $19.99 comes out to $25 total....so i can get the freedom pellets for $150/ton!!
based on some bad things i have read about softwood and freedom specifically
at 1/2 the price is it going to be worth it?
i have read so many different reviews on both energex and freedom.....good and bad about both
i know there may not be too much consistency from ton to ton for any brand but i dont even have my stove yet so i have no experience at this.
the freedom pellets say premium less than .4% ash pine and have the pellet stamp on them

http://www.freedomfuelusa.net/
http://www.energex.com/common/index2.php?mkt=english

anyone please share your knowledge, should i cancel my energex order @300 and go get some at depot for $150?

Geezzz..... Though call..... Maybe I would go with a split order...... Some of this and some of that. Don't put all your eggs in one basket kind of thing. I have six tons of three different brands.

if they are a PFI member they should be ok as far as quality goes, those guys usually police themselves very well.

side note: enjoyed watching your little leaguers play in the world series a couple years ago ,if you know any of them give em a pat on the head for me

i am gonna call tomorrow and see if they deliver curbside, next i'll ask if they can ship them to the store thats closest to my house so i will have more time with the rental truck

a few questions remain......
1.do i still order the ton of energex from my stove dealer @$300/ton?
2.do i put my whole winter in the hands of freedom fuel and buy a few tons at depot?

great news depot will deliver to my house for $65 a load
2.49 bag
124.5 ton
266.43 with tax for two tons
331.43 total

$165.71 per ton delivered
i am friggin thrilled thought i was gonna have to pay 300 per ton at my dealer

still think i may get the one ton for $300 of energex just in case the freedom fuel is not the best, what would you do? that or just get three tons from depot??

really? i was only factoring the tax myself i haven't done the sale yet apparently nobody wants my business, one installer took two weeks and never gave me an actual estimate just some round numbers, the installer i am using was supposed to come to my house to pickup a $500 cash deposit for materials on saturday never showed never called
and home depot disconnected me twice when i called to order
i am gonna go there tonight
can anyone confirm if tax is applicable in NJ

I burned 2 tons last year they burned very dirty, and had a funny smell and color, but that was before the Pellet institute stamp was on the bag, there should be no tax.

sweet no tax another 17.43 in MY pocket where it belongs!!!

well either the sign was written wrong or me AND my girl both read it wrong
they just called back to get my order and wouldnt admit the sign was wrong so i am not pointing fingers
4.98/bag does work out to 249/ton but the way the sign was written it read like 2.49/bag if bought by the ton
i did the quick math and w/o giving my girl any info asked her to figure out what the sign said, and she did the same as me, so we are both dummies i guess
still not a bad price...they want $65 for delivery anywhere on your yard w/in reason and get 10 tons and delivery is free
that put a serious damper on my wonderful afternoon!!

if i get 2 tons plus delivery works out to 281.5/ton still not too bad

After reading your post, I shot over there. The sign does say 4.98 each and $249 for a pallet. However, at first glance, the sign is confusing.

thanx for confirming i am an idiot..LOL!!!
i was at first ready to take a day off work and go pick them up was trying like mad today to get someone at the store to double check the price and ring me up on the phone just in case it was a mistake on the sign
thanx
and sorry i made you take the trip for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.