NE PA
  2. Mike821

Mike821
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 3, 2010
    Loc:
    Bridgewater NJ
    Lucky is right...glad to see he made it. I bet that ride in the chopper cost a buck or two.

3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 14, 2007
    Loc:
    Michigan
    Well, when you are young, nothing will hurt you.... Methinks they learned a big lesson here even if the hard way. Scary for sure.

4. kenny chaos

kenny chaos
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Apr 10, 2008
    Loc:
    Rochester,ny
    I swear! I didn't do nothin'. “I stood up on the wall, right when I was getting ready to cut it, it just started to roll.." :lol:

5. Thistle

Thistle
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 16, 2010
    Loc:
    Central IA
    Yup. I had a couple close calls when I was younger myself.There's no substitute for experience,common sense & safety procedures.You learn fast & remember what NOT to do,or dont survive.

6. firefighterjake

firefighterjake
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 22, 2008
    Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    I would have posted this in the Ash Pan . . . but since it is closed . . . and since this thread is about close calls . . . here is a close call from this past weekend that hit close to home where I work . . . if you read the debate afterwards you will see at least one reader questions if if was a miracle . . . as you can see from my comments . . . I do in fact truly believe it was a miracle.

http://www.bangordailynews.com/story/Greater-Bangor/Firefighters-save-one-of-their-own,162189

7. Shari

Shari
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2008
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Jake,

I just finished reading the entire article you posted and its comments. What a wonderful outcome for this special time of year!

I am putting together a pm to you. If you would like to share my pm with the Capt. you have my permission.

8. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 14, 2007
    Loc:
    Michigan
    Some amazing things can happen for sure. This is one of them.