Wow - Just watched the Hearth Room hit 90,000 replies!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fireplaceguy, I am also very comfortable with the delete and ban buttons, and the complaint dept is NOT in the regular forums. Since you are new, I can assume you don't yet understand the rules. The idea is this - I and the moderators delete, edit, move, ban and do whatever we like in an honest attempt to keep the forum moving along. If you don't like that, you are free to gripe to yourself and even to us - by PM or email. You are not free to vote on it or make snide comments here. You are a "valued guest" and guest are not supposed to act like that. Hope you understand.

FP guy. There is a forum here called the Ash Can where free debate can and often does happen. Your experience and knowledge are very welcome, but please stick to providing help and information in the main hearth forum and keep the debate in the ash can.

If you feel passionate about educating potential visitors about proper fireplace design, that's wonderful. Maybe you could type up some tips and guidelines for homeowners on what to ask about when their chimney is inspected and what the options are if problems are found. There is a wiki section for this type of article. I think it would be a great contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.