Wow! The difference in fuel!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear some recent posts from you LLigetfa, I have not seen many in awhile. It must be winter time. Dennis I think I must have been one of the first to notice you were burning 2009 wood. It made me feel like I am actually getting ahead since we are in the same boat. From now own I will know how it feels to be way ahead since I now have about 20 cords. I guess it only gets better. I have been enjoying some nice fires with the cherry and maple. Cannot wait to get to the Locust, Oak, Beech and Hickory.

Golf, I think you might be the only one to comment on it and that did surprise me a bit. I figured I'd get razzed over that one. However, yesterday I put more wood on the porch and rather than taking from inside the shed I brought up some more of the older stuff. We still have about 2/3 of a cord of the older wood left but then it will be all from 2009. I think I also miscalculated on how much wood I have on hand. I'll check that later today just because I am curious. Seems the memory is slipping a bit here. I guess that is part of being a senior citizen (or old fart).

You will indeed love it when you get way ahead. It is something difficult t describe but it really gives me a great feeling when I look on our wood piles. A lot different feeling than when you only have maybe 2 or 3 cord piled up. It maybe is sort of like looking over your finances and seeing that stash you've put away.

flyingcow said:
Dennis,
Seems like you're always helping out people with wood. Good of you to do that. Nice looking shed.

I've been lucky to find a wood supplier that sells me rock maple with a little beech mixed in. All tree length and a good price. Been about $90 a cord. I've had people trying to sell me "mixed hardwood". Which means soft maple and white birch. Nice wood to work with, but big diff in the btu department.

just starting to get into 2 plus yrs of split/seasoned wood. Noticing my tank heats up on a little less wood. Got to like that. I'm almost 2yrs ahead on wood. Will get another 11 or 12 cord(by weight) this feb/march. By next april/may should be split and piled on pallets which will push me over 3yrs of wood. I'll never catch up to you Dennis, but we do burn between 6 and 7 cords a yr.

Then again I also understand you guys already got several inches of snow . . . guy at the local Skidoo dealership down here was up in your neck of the woods playing in the snow this past weekend on ATVs. I love riding and camping in the County . . . but have to admit that I kind of like holding on to Fall a little later and getting a jump on Spring a bit earlier.

GolfandWoodNut said:
BS I follow your posts closely, as you are the master in my book.

I agree . . . except for his stance on splitting wood. I still like splitting wood the way God intended us to . . . on our two feet with the splitter in the horizontal position . . . otherwise just about everything else Dennis says is golden. ;) :)

I also agree with Golf . . . it's good to hear from you LLigetfa.

firefighterjake said:
I agree . . . except for his stance on splitting wood. I still like splitting wood the way God intended us to . . . on our two feet with the splitter in the horizontal position . . .
LOL
Hear, Hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.