1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Wow! The difference in fuel!

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Backwoods Savage, Nov 20, 2010.

1. golfandwoodnut

golfandwoodnut Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pittsburgh PA
    Good to hear some recent posts from you LLigetfa, I have not seen many in awhile. It must be winter time. Dennis I think I must have been one of the first to notice you were burning 2009 wood. It made me feel like I am actually getting ahead since we are in the same boat. From now own I will know how it feels to be way ahead since I now have about 20 cords. I guess it only gets better. I have been enjoying some nice fires with the cherry and maple. Cannot wait to get to the Locust, Oak, Beech and Hickory.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Golf, I think you might be the only one to comment on it and that did surprise me a bit. I figured I'd get razzed over that one. However, yesterday I put more wood on the porch and rather than taking from inside the shed I brought up some more of the older stuff. We still have about 2/3 of a cord of the older wood left but then it will be all from 2009. I think I also miscalculated on how much wood I have on hand. I'll check that later today just because I am curious. Seems the memory is slipping a bit here. I guess that is part of being a senior citizen (or old fart).

You will indeed love it when you get way ahead. It is something difficult t describe but it really gives me a great feeling when I look on our wood piles. A lot different feeling than when you only have maybe 2 or 3 cord piled up. It maybe is sort of like looking over your finances and seeing that stash you've put away.
  3. golfandwoodnut

golfandwoodnut Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pittsburgh PA
    BS I follow your posts closely, as you are the master in my book.
  4. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Then again I also understand you guys already got several inches of snow . . . guy at the local Skidoo dealership down here was up in your neck of the woods playing in the snow this past weekend on ATVs. I love riding and camping in the County . . . but have to admit that I kind of like holding on to Fall a little later and getting a jump on Spring a bit earlier.
  5. firefighterjake

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    I agree . . . except for his stance on splitting wood. I still like splitting wood the way God intended us to . . . on our two feet with the splitter in the horizontal position . . . otherwise just about everything else Dennis says is golden. ;) :)
  6. firefighterjake

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    I also agree with Golf . . . it's good to hear from you LLigetfa.
  7. LLigetfa

LLigetfa Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    LOL
    Hear, Hear!