Wow This Sucks. I miss my stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim3854

Nov 20, 2011
Rhode island
Putting ceramic tile in a 10 x 10 area using the forced hot water and not liking it.

Attachments

• tile.jpg
    tile.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 220
I would have waited for warmer weather for that project. Take a few days off for work and get it done.

When setting the tile just make sure the temp is 50 or plus. Use a good modified thinset as it looks like concrete you are applying to. Go with a white thinset. Dry time will be slower give it at least 24 hours before you grout it, 72 hours before traffic. 30 year tile guy here.

Wanna clean my grout? Actually, I already did it. Sucked! I listened to my contractor when he said DON'T seal the grout. HUGE mistake. Its now sealed with Aqua Mix gold.

Didn't seal under my stove ;)

Reactions: Madcodger
When setting the tile just make sure the temp is 50 or plus. Use a good modified thinset as it looks like concrete you are applying to. Go with a white thinset. Dry time will be slower give it at least 24 hours before you grout it, 72 hours before traffic. 30 year tile guy here.
Quick off topic question: Do you grout granite floor tile or do you just but them up? There's a chamfer edge. Thanks.

Velvetfoot,
You always leave room for grout and always grout. Expansion and contraction even at 1/16 grout joint. Never butt them together.

Reactions: Madcodger
Looks great, stay warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.