Wow train noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reeltime

Nov 22, 2013
East freetown
I have a hearthstone heritage came home today sound like a train whistle coming from stove did monthly clean yesterday my tee clean out been stuck on for the last 10 weeks so had to take everything apart put my rubber boot on vent pipe connected to my backpack blower blew out vent wow what blew up the the vent pipe maybe 2 tons burned Okies platiums so time for a new tee

They say with woodstoves, if it sounds like a train, you got a chimney fire. Don't know about pellet stove.

They say with woodstoves, if it sounds like a train, you got a chimney fire. Don't know about pellet stove.
For sure before pellet stove we had 2 wood stoves a avalon and a dutchwest now new house pellet stove in main living area and a morso 2b wood stove in den still love to burn wood

I always equated train noise with "chug,chug,chug' or the scream of the whistle. They ran a high speed steam engine thru our area and you could hear the scream for almost ten miles. Would have been a fun run. Give Al Gore a heart attack.

Not sure how it's vents room air but the USSC 39's and 41's had spotty whistling sounds attributed to the room air on high fan coming out the stove vent and whistling as it passed over the grille in the front. Maybe yours is doing that.

If it's a screech type whistle, it's probably a dry bearing on a motor. Continuous would be the room air dan or the combustion air fan.

I have a hearthstone heritage came home today sound like a train whistle coming from stove did monthly clean yesterday my tee clean out been stuck on for the last 10 weeks so had to take everything apart put my rubber boot on vent pipe connected to my backpack blower blew out vent wow what blew up the the vent pipe maybe 2 tons burned Okies platiums so time for a new tee
My teacher in the Village School grades K - 8 said that punctuation was my friend. Guess I'm old ...............

My teacher in the Village School grades K - 8 said that punctuation was my friend. Guess I'm old ...............

It's optional today. We live in a 'text' society now......;lol

If it's too long, I just don't read it....

Status
Not open for further replies.