wow...wish i could heat the house like this all the time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
came home from work around 8..wife had been running the stove this evening....i thought it needed wood added...so i opened the door and noticed there was plenty of fuel in there but the air flow was opened all the way up and it was burning slow...i must have had 4 inches of hoat coals covering the stove bottom...so i cracked the door to get the fuel burning good.....then scraped the coals off the grate to the side to expose some holes in the grate...(my air flow goes under my grate..grate has holes in it for air to get thru)..i spent 3 hours and a half burning coals...scraping more towards the holes to burn em off...house is 78 degrees..

my shop is like that... sits at like 68-75F while my house sits in the mid 50's LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.