WV hard maple & cherry, from Dad's sawmill

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Workbench
wbcbdn3.jpg

wbfinish1.jpg

Wow, how long did that take to build. Whats it cost?

2 winters ago, full winter project. Cost: glue & vice hardware.
Made router table & added cabinets/drawers last winter.
shipping, Shipped wood from WV 14-15 yrs ago, May dad had a saw mill so wood was free (we cut it together).

That work of art nowadays.

You don't actully work on that bench do you? Very nice!

That is true craftsmanship.

Not the Average Wood Workers project!!! Very,Very NICE

Very nice....not to mention the memories....

Thanks all
I've been thinking of getting a small plaque with a little history: "In memory of Dad with date, wood from etc & inlay it on it somewhere"

I use it. Dad would kick my arse if I called it a work bench & just looked at it. It now all dinged & scratched. Well used. As it should be.

bogydave said:
Thanks all
I've been thinking of getting a small plaque with a little history: "In memory of Dad with date, wood from etc & inlay it on it somewhere"

I use it. Dad would kick my arse if I called it a work bench & just looked at it. It now all dinged & scratched. Well used. As it should be.

Get that plaque made, or make one he would be proud of.
A piece of family pride!

Thanks Jt

Valhalla: you're right
a plaque is in this winter projects plan.

That is total SWEET! USE IT! Your dad would be proud.

I got tons of old stuff at the house (it was the original family farm). My ancestors were practical, hard working farm folks. If it didn't serve a purpose, they didn't need it. I still use much of the same equipment that they did. It has sentimental value to a degree, but it serves a purpose as well. Much of it would be considered "antique", but I ain't a collector. I'm a user of old stuff. ;-)

That is some fine work there.
Really nice piece.

Wow . . . until today for some reason I couldn't see the pics (happens frequently here for some reason . . . maybe due to our server here at work perhaps?) . . . very nice!

Thanks guys,
Feels good to get compliments from other craftsmen.

Here is a link to the building, if you want to check out the build. This site almost phased out, not used much,
but pictures of the build are still there 3rd post down on this thread has all the links to the various stages of the build (Don, the moderator's post)
http://www.woodworkingbuzz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597

Status
Not open for further replies.