1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

x-27 came today! it's a monster!!

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by artmos, Jan 19, 2012.

1. artmos

artmos New Member

Loc:
    waay back in the holler- northern kentucky
    had been saving some "impossible" rounds to test my new x-27 on. these were 16-20" gnarly,twisted seasoned rounds. 4 of them. i beat the livin crap out of them with my trusty ols splitting maul and all i got for my effort was a bunch of cuts in the surface of each. would have delegated them to my 3 pt. hitch splitter at some point.
    then i started reading a few threads on the x-27 an said to my self-"self,you deserve at least to try one of these units.only 50 bucks.virtually everyone on those threads raved about their fiskars. add me to that group-in spades. the x-27 went thru those bas***** like grant thru richmond! couldn't believe it!! thanks to all who took time to evaluate this axe. that's what this great site is all about! ky art

p.s. may sleep with my new axe tonite. ha

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Glad it worked well - I love my Fiskars - light and splits awesome. Careful sleeping with it, it's pretty sharp and you might turn out like John Bobbit ;-) . Cheers!
  3. jcrem1187

jcrem1187 New Member

Loc:
    Indiana
    I also treated myself today with a new X25 from "The Wal-Mart". Bought it for my son so he wouldn't have to swing the 8lb maul. After I used it for a while today I have decided that he should continue to use the maul. The X25 fits MY hands much better. Thanks for the reviews!
  4. wishlist

wishlist Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Corunna, Michigan
    ....like grant thru Richmond. Lol.... Art, you must be a true southerner! Congrats on the x27. I bought 1 as my Xmas present to myself this year. Cut a lot of big stuff away from home and it works awesome getting rounds into more manageable size for me. Besides, that way I NEVER have to split vertical! :)
  5. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    Very useful device, and works almost as good after the Teflon wears off. :smirk:
  6. RORY12553

RORY12553 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern NY
    Have an X25 coming tomorrow. To bad the weather will be crappy here this weekend but I will still give it a whirl. I'm done swinging an 8lb maul to just put minor dents in some wood. Hope at half the head weight it works better!
  7. Dairyman

Dairyman Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southwest MO
    Art you inspired me to order one Saturday. And UPS just dropped of mine, maybe I'll give it a swing or two after milking.

Attached Files:

8. James02

James02 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    L-Town...N.Y.
    Not even kidding, mine comes in the house with me then I'm done using it. Right by the kitchen door in its protective cover. Would hang it up, but don't want to scare my gal.
  9. mtarbert

mtarbert Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maryland
    Bought our 10 year old son a 25 for his birthday in September. He does not know how lucky he is that it too short for me. Santa delivered mine on Christmas. Does anyone know of a better splitting Tool? At any price...............
    Mike
  10. woodsmaster

woodsmaster Minister of Fire

Loc:
    N.W. Ohio
    You lay your wood on it's side and swing at it ? how do you keep the wood from moving away. Oh I see you are splitting verticle
    to begin with. The only right way of course. ;-P
  11. basswidow

basswidow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Milton GA
    Got my x27 for Christmas. I think I like my X25 better - or maybe it's just what I am used to. I've taken a few swings with it. The extra length feels strange.