x-27 came today! it's a monster!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
had been saving some "impossible" rounds to test my new x-27 on. these were 16-20" gnarly,twisted seasoned rounds. 4 of them. i beat the livin crap out of them with my trusty ols splitting maul and all i got for my effort was a bunch of cuts in the surface of each. would have delegated them to my 3 pt. hitch splitter at some point.
then i started reading a few threads on the x-27 an said to my self-"self,you deserve at least to try one of these units.only 50 bucks.virtually everyone on those threads raved about their fiskars. add me to that group-in spades. the x-27 went thru those bas***** like grant thru richmond! couldn't believe it!! thanks to all who took time to evaluate this axe. that's what this great site is all about! ky art

p.s. may sleep with my new axe tonite. ha

artmos said:
had been saving some "impossible" rounds to test my new x-27 on. these were 16-20" gnarly,twisted seasoned rounds. 4 of them. i beat the livin crap out of them with my trusty ols splitting maul and all i got for my effort was a bunch of cuts in the surface of each. would have delegated them to my 3 pt. hitch splitter at some point.
then i started reading a few threads on the x-27 an said to my self-"self,you deserve at least to try one of these units.only 50 bucks.virtually everyone on those threads raved about their fiskars. add me to that group-in spades. the x-27 went thru those bas***** like grant thru richmond! couldn't believe it!! thanks to all who took time to evaluate this axe. that's what this great site is all about! ky art

p.s. may sleep with my new axe tonite. ha

Glad it worked well - I love my Fiskars - light and splits awesome. Careful sleeping with it, it's pretty sharp and you might turn out like John Bobbit ;-) . Cheers!

I also treated myself today with a new X25 from "The Wal-Mart". Bought it for my son so he wouldn't have to swing the 8lb maul. After I used it for a while today I have decided that he should continue to use the maul. The X25 fits MY hands much better. Thanks for the reviews!

....like grant thru Richmond. Lol.... Art, you must be a true southerner! Congrats on the x27. I bought 1 as my Xmas present to myself this year. Cut a lot of big stuff away from home and it works awesome getting rounds into more manageable size for me. Besides, that way I NEVER have to split vertical! :)

Very useful device, and works almost as good after the Teflon wears off. :smirk:

Have an X25 coming tomorrow. To bad the weather will be crappy here this weekend but I will still give it a whirl. I'm done swinging an 8lb maul to just put minor dents in some wood. Hope at half the head weight it works better!

Art you inspired me to order one Saturday. And UPS just dropped of mine, maybe I'll give it a swing or two after milking.

Attachments

• 2012-01-19_19-10-46_256-1.jpg
    2012-01-19_19-10-46_256-1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 490
Not even kidding, mine comes in the house with me then I'm done using it. Right by the kitchen door in its protective cover. Would hang it up, but don't want to scare my gal.

Bought our 10 year old son a 25 for his birthday in September. He does not know how lucky he is that it too short for me. Santa delivered mine on Christmas. Does anyone know of a better splitting Tool? At any price...............
Mike

wishlist said:
....like grant thru Richmond. Lol.... Art, you must be a true southerner! Congrats on the x27. I bought 1 as my Xmas present to myself this year. Cut a lot of big stuff away from home and it works awesome getting rounds into more manageable size for me. Besides, that way I NEVER have to split vertical! :)

You lay your wood on it's side and swing at it ? how do you keep the wood from moving away. Oh I see you are splitting verticle
to begin with. The only right way of course. ;-P

Got my x27 for Christmas. I think I like my X25 better - or maybe it's just what I am used to. I've taken a few swings with it. The extra length feels strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.