X27 on its way

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waltdog

Dec 20, 2011
North Idaho
Thanks to the members here i have a Fiskars X27 on its way from Baileys. Wondering how this will compare to the 8lb. Collins that I am accustomed too? Splitting Douglas Fir, White Fir, Larch, Yellow and White Pine

I dont know it will split those types of wood. But I just got mine the other day, and am really impressed. I think you'll be pleasantly suprised on what it will do.

My x27 was delivered on Friday. I split some Ash yesterday and was really pleased. Granted, Ash is no big deal to split, but my shoulder bothers me and the lite weight of the x27 is much appreciated. I found it easier to be accurate as to where I wanted to split the round. I did split a big Shagbark round and it wasn't too bad. I am sure you will like your x27....enjoy!

Boys- i am starting to get amped up over the x27. saw the short demo video on baileys web site and have been eavesdropping here on all the postings about this axe. i'm not usually one to get excited about the "next best things since sliced bread" ,but the universal acclaim here for this axe has me really interested. tell me, does anyone have anything negative to say about this unit? i'd hate to fork out for something,use it for a while and find it really isn't the cure-all for wood splitting. also, if i do go for it where is the best dea ? thanx, artl

Status
Not open for further replies.