xmas eve stacking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
got up early and got this done...i manually split it yesterday..felt pretty good..actually helps my back...stacking seems to be the hardest on my back....anyways..its 3 rows deep on the left side and 2 rows deep on the right side.rows have about 8 to 10 inches in between em for a little air..little over a cord and a half...all locust with an occasional piece of white oak...this wood will be for 2013-14

2011-12-24112133.gif

merry xmas i said 2013-14...but actually it will be 2014 seeming how its locust and im sure i wont get into this pile until it gets good and cold....so jan and feb 2014..left some pretty big splits and a few rounds for good overnighters

Great looking stacks! Can't beat looking at stacks that won't be touched for years - just feels darn good! Have an awesome Mountaineers Christmas! Cheers!

Good work and good that you don't need that wood right now.

Nice stack. Even has some sun helping it dry :)
Good exercise as long as you pace yourself.
Looks like you have some dry stuff, under cover & ready (if needed) this year :) .

10°, fog here, birch is the menu for fires now.

Good job im in W V n ow at Kids house in Beckley gl Merry Christmas

I'm only 45 minutes from Beckley off the Alta exit

How about some better pictures of woodshed or bld. looks like logs.

building/woodshed is locust logs...guy that built lives just down the road.....ill post pics soon...probably monday

Status
Not open for further replies.