Xtrordinaire Elite 44 Blower location

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave48103

Nov 25, 2015
Ann Arbor, MI
We are looking at purchasing the Elite 44. The installer says that the remote blower fan has to be on an outside wall, but the literature says it can be on an inside or outside wall. The literature goes on to say that if you live in a cold climate (indicated on a map), it has to be on the inside wall. Any insight on this? Why would I want to bring in 10 degree air and try to heat that. It doesn't seem efficient. Is there a conflict between code and their engineering? Thanks for your input!

We are looking at purchasing the Elite 44. The installer says that the remote blower fan has to be on an outside wall, but the literature says it can be on an inside or outside wall. The literature goes on to say that if you live in a cold climate (indicated on a map), it has to be on the inside wall. Any insight on this? Why would I want to bring in 10 degree air and try to heat that. It doesn't seem efficient. Is there a conflict between code and their engineering? Thanks for your input!

Also, does anyone have any insight on possible humidity issues with a unit that produces positive pressure? Wondering if I'm going to have a mold concern because of humid inside air being pushed into wall cavities. Thoughts?

I'm not in that climate but have the blower located in the chase about 6' high on an outside wall. I've seen some people locate it the crawlspace or basement area of a house and is fine. What are your options?

Status
Not open for further replies.