Xtrordinaire FPX36 Stove Temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burner73

Jul 22, 2008
NY
On the FPX or any Zero Clearance firebox how do you guys/gals measure stove temp. Seems to me there is no easy way. On a traditional stove you would measure on the flu or stove. Maybe on the face plate?

If so, what temp would you look for?

I have IR Thermo. I did the magnetic dial thingy on the face place, didn't like it, and wasn't sure it was accurate. Now, I just zap the box temps to make sure she's cruz'n, normally ~ 600 and I know I'm good.

I got the IR thermo from previous thread posts that people here have talked about, ~$20 from some 'net site, something like Midwest or ??? I take the temp thru the glass, or with door open, and usually at a little angle so I don't get to much radiant heat as when directly in front. Also, fun the play with and check temps in other parts of the house such as ceilings, floors, doors, windows, wife's heat, etc., you'll get it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.