XXV combustion motor failure

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JNixon

Jan 10, 2009
Markham, Virginia
Hello,
I am new to this forum.
I bought a new Harman XXV in November. No problems until last week when the combustion blower motor died, (house filled with smoke, as would be expected- I am very glad I was at home to deal with it). The dealer told me that Harman has had a problem with these units, and replacements are on backorder. I am more than little dissapointed, considering the cost of this stove and the inconvience. Has anyone had similar problems?
Thanks.

My combustion motor wouldn't come on one day and I thought the motor was gone, but it turned out to be ash accumulation behind the fan. It didn't take much, I was able to turn it with my finger easily. Check yours to make sure nothing stupid has happened to it first. Be careful, the fan is very thin and easy to knock out of balance.

Well, to update, I got the replacement blower in 3 days from the dealer. The second guy I talked to didn't know anything about the parts being backordered. I took it home and installed it (simple operation). I did note that the replacement was a bit larger than the origional and seemed to have a a significantly larger armature coil. Stove is lit up and purring like a kitten........
Thanks, Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.