XXV control board questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jimbo913

Jan 8, 2017
Pennsylvania
Anyone know how to set the white dial potentiometer on the XXV control board and what it controls? Easy to bump by accident and nothing on the instructions about it.

In addition the old board has 3x 100k pots and replacement has 2x 100k and a 50k on the stove/room dial. I had the new board in while repairing the old and both seem to work.

New board is p/n 1-00-05886

Thanks

Reactions: Lake Girl
It's labeled P3 on the board. On page 11 of my manual it's the low draft speed control adjustment.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to set the white dial potentiometer on the XXV control board and what it controls? Easy to bump by accident and nothing on the instructions about it.

In addition the old board has 3x 100k pots and replacement has 2x 100k and a 50k on the stove/room dial. I had the new board in while repairing the old and both seem to work.

New board is p/n 1-00-05886

Thanks
Welcome to the forum Jimbo. Thanks for the heads up on the difference on the pots between the two boards! Looks like jakeman answered your question.

I was informed by a dealer that factory setting on the draft is fully clockwise.

Not sure what to make of the difference in stove/temp POT value between boards. Maybe the value isn't critical or they did something different with the newer Rev E board. If anyone has Rev E and has 3 100k POTs let me know.