Ya Baby

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schenkp

Jul 22, 2008
NorthEast
Just fired up my QuadraFire Mt Vernon over the weekend, had it burning for about 3 hours HOLY COW this stove puts out some heat. It brought the ENTIRE house up to 74' from 68' in about 2 hours. That incudes a massive foyer that goes up about 20 feet.....

Ya Baby Oil Man can kiss my arse....

That's what I call a success story!

Good luck with your new stove.

Steve

Ya man I was a little nervous that the stove would not be able to handle the size of the house, although it was around 60 outside and not the normal 25-30 that is common on the north east....

I'm sold and loving it....

True liftoff is at 25-35 :) Be looking for your results later in the season :) Happy Pelleting!

schnkp said:
Ya man I was a little nervous that the stove would not be able to handle the size of the house, although it was around 60 outside and not the normal 25-30 that is common on the north east....

Im sure I will still see great results even when the outside temp goes south of freezing, the plan is not to turn on the oil heating this winter.... But we can always use it a BACKUP lol if we need to.

I am confident that the mt vernon will kick some serious arse this year....

schnkp said:
schnkp said:

Im sure I will still see great results even when the outside temp goes south of freezing, the plan is not to turn on the oil heating this winter.... But we can always use it a BACKUP lol if we need to.

I am confident that the mt vernon will kick some serious arse this year....

But it`s going to take a lot of pellets to do that. And they aren`t exactly cheap anymore.
But if you can do without the nice warm even temps the oil furnace used to provide throughout the whole house then I`m sure you will save some.

The oil company wanted to charge me close to $500 a month for a budget payment, I payed $1336 for 5 tons delivered.... do the math even if I have to put the oil heat on for a bit they can stuff it.

I would rather run my stove 24/7 on high then give the oil company another $ from me.

Dig It

Status
Not open for further replies.