Ya Know - When It Is Only 15 Miles From Your House

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
I always liked those stoves. That is a good deal going on there. My application only allows for my Insert, which I am also quite fond of :)

Not a bad idea, money talks on Ebay and most sellers I have dealt with are willing to end the auction early. I usually PayPal a small deposit to the seller so he knows I am serious about buying the item, then after he receives the Pay Pal deposit, he ends the auction and we carry out the deal outside of Ebay.

Saves the seller a few bucks as well because he doesn't have to pay the end of auction fees that Ebay hits the seller with when the listing ends.

Just be advised BB, I believe that stove was listed a few monthes ago and was a pre-cat combustor stove.

I'm not 100% on this, but there was an identical looking stove, listed without a cat and I don't believe it sold. Looks to me like they took that stove, fitted it with the new parts and are selling it is original. Not to say that's a bad thing.

Also of note- It appears that the slide air control is on the side door and therefore does not connect to an air wash. I could be wrong, but checking pictures on woodstocks website shows there is no sliding damper knob on the side doors of the new models. The front window also has a different casting, the new models do not have those three thin bars present.

I appreciate the input guys. I think I have a killer problem anyway with a side loader. May not be enough room on the hearth for it anyway.

Good catch on the pre-cat Corie. Retrofit?

I do believe so. Obviously from the pictures you can see all the cat stuff is new. I believe the biggest problem is the lack of connection to the airwash, if indeed that is the situation. Sticking your hand in the stove during a fire to wipe the glass down would probably not be on the top of my list.

Dylan said:
paulgp602 said:
I always liked those stoves. That is a good deal going on there. My application only allows for my Insert, which I am also quite fond of :)

Good deal?? Really?? WADR, snap out of it!! It's AN AUCTION .... with nine days remaining to it.

BB, keep in mind that this stove does not have an ashpan. I'm impressed that they have NOT over-stated the stove's heating capacity with regard to space. Seven to ten thousand cubic feet should be a piece-of-cake in your area.

Yeah I liked that cubic feet stuff. Never converted my houses square feet to cubic before!

Dylan said:
paulgp602 said:

Good deal?? Really?? WADR, snap out of it!! It's AN AUCTION .... with nine days remaining to it.

BB, keep in mind that this stove does not have an ashpan. I'm impressed that they have NOT over-stated the stove's heating capacity with regard to space. Seven to ten thousand cubic feet should be a piece-of-cake in your area.

I'm aware its an auction. Ive been on Ebay since 1997. Ebay is always a better deal than retail pricing-at least all my purchases have been.

Corie said:
Sticking your hand in the stove during a fire to wipe the glass down would probably not be on the top of my list.

Love it! I was just thinking the other day what my grandfather would have said if he had been told that glass, and clean glass at that, was a criteria for chosing a stove.

I just know his response would have been "Whut the hell ya need glass in the stove for?"

Status
Not open for further replies.