Ya'll don't want one of these in the backyard

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Very depressing:eek:

Reactions: PapaDave
..I could swear I left my boat right there....hmmm

The one in Louisiana was caused by a brine cavern failure.

"The state suit alleges that Texas Brine and Occidental mined the salt dome cavern “to the point that the cavern became structurally unstable, thereby causing the collapse of the cavern and damage to Louisiana’s waters, natural resources, and the State’s Coastal Zone.”

http://theadvocate.com/home/6678266-125/louisiana-suing-texas-brine-over

The one in Louisiana was caused by a brine cavern failure.

"The state suit alleges that Texas Brine and Occidental mined the salt dome cavern “to the point that the cavern became structurally unstable, thereby causing the collapse of the cavern and damage to Louisiana’s waters, natural resources, and the State’s Coastal Zone.”

http://theadvocate.com/home/6678266-125/louisiana-suing-texas-brine-over
IIRC something similar happend in the Carolinas some years ago where a lake drained into a mine underneath it, reversed the course of the river that flowed to the ocean a bit and now the lake has the salt water in the depths and the fresh water on the top...thats some pretty crazy stuff.

Yeah we keep digging and pumping stuff out of the ground leaving cavities down there and expect old Ma Earth to just keep holding the front yard up. Sure thing.

I am left thinking of Tolkien....The Mines of Moria.

New honey hole.

Wow......To the guy filming that footage, he's got a set of balls. I'd be dammed if I would be standing right where he is filming......:eek:

Exactly what I was thinking, watching that clip. I'd have been filming, but you'd see the camera bounce... 'cuz I'd also be running!

If I come out one day and my stacks are gone I'm gonna be extremely annoyed. !!!

I am left thinking of Tolkien....The Mines of Moria.

Funny . . . my mind also went to Tolkien . . . I was thinking that the Ents lost this battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.