Yankee stoves has problem? please help.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leejohn

Dec 14, 2009
ma
Hi I am new . good to found this site.
I have Yankee 2001 make by Lopi ( travis insdustries ) every thing work fine just only not start by it self, what I have found the Igniter not working at all I try to clean ,check the wire still not help, Any one have experience about this let me know and what I have to check or may be replaced the Igniter or controller circuit board.
Thanks

lee said:
Hi I am new . good to found this site.
I have Yankee 2001 make by Lopi ( travis insdustries ) every thing work fine just only not start by it self, what I have found the Igniter not working at all I try to clean ,check the wire still not help, Any one have experience about this let me know and what I have to check or may be replaced the Igniter or controller circuit board.
Thanks

Hi Lee, and welcome to the forum.

Have you checked to see if you have voltage to the ignitor during start-up? If the ignitor is clean, and theres voltage to it, (unless it's burned out), it should get hot. If no voltage to it, check on the control board to see if fuse is blown.

I have a Travis Ind. service guide I can email to you if you want it....has flow charts for all kinds of problems.

What year is the stove? Have you had it since it was new?

I have sent you a PM.

Thank you macman you so kind,
We just moved in this 2 nd years stoves was installed and burn Ok, I have clean almost every week , so far lately stove not kick of by it self . Model make by Lopi Yankee 2001.

lee said:
Thank you macman you so kind,
We just moved in this 2 nd years stoves was installed and burn Ok, I have clean almost every week , so far lately stove not kick of by it self . Model make by Lopi Yankee 2001.
Very common for ignitors to go out the last 1 to 7 years shorter life for stoves like the travis stoves that shot off and on with thermostat because it is using the ignitor more.

Until you get a new ignitor you can use the stove in manual mode (no stat) and light the stove with an approved firestarter and or a plumbers torch.
it was not untill the past 7 years or so that stove DID not have ignitors and most stoves were lite manually

Status
Not open for further replies.