Yard machine 27-ton log splitter problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dmitry

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2014
CT
This machine was in storage for several years with gas still in a tank. My son in law got it with the house. Starts right away. But there no power it seems like it can't run at full speed. The speed of the engine is not adjustable. it runs unevenly with speed going up and down. Attaching video. Any remedies to try?

Here is the video

Attachments

• IMG_2321.MOV
    10.2 MB
here is a link to the youtube video

Some pics
250AB8F8-76AD-4C44-AB60-C1A4B852E20E.jpeg
9846003C-0FDC-4DCD-A35B-85714ED2112C.jpeg
3586F824-6EFD-4D50-96FF-52A82264ACC2.jpeg

Sounds like it needs the carb cleaned

That's weird. If I was watching the carb properly I didn't see the carb moving to make the speed pulsates. Have you checked the hydro level? By ear it almost sounds like the pump is picking up fluid then cavatate.

If you feather the choke (pull it out a little bit)
does the engine smooth out?

Reactions: Dmitry
Going to try. Do you think there is not enough fuel coming due to dirty carburetor ?

Run some seafoam in the gas before you write off the carb

Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy
Ya what Salecker said

You said it was in storage for years with gas in tank. Drain it. New plug, check air filter and oil change since its been sitting. I didnt see a fuel filter. Carb could be a little gumed up also. (Carb cleaner )

You said it was in storage for years with gas in tank. Drain it. New plug, check air filter and oil change since its been sitting. I didnt see a fuel filter. Carb could be a little gumed up also. (Carb cleaner )
Amazon product ASIN B072ZXTKZ9got this , will do it this weekend