Yard/Wood Shed Addition

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdchief

Minister of Fire
Nov 24, 2009
Tuscola, IL
myplace.frontier.com
Added on to my yard/wood shed this Spring and just got some wood in it for the winter. Had a little help from my grandson.

Attachments

• IMG_20100926_115818.jpg
    IMG_20100926_115818.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 609
  • 2010-06-05 17.16.20.jpg
    2010-06-05 17.16.20.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG_20100926_115319.jpg
    IMG_20100926_115319.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 620
Sweet. Would u say you can fit about a cord out there?

About 3/4 of a cord outside under the roof, and I have a little over a cord inside (on the right, short side, addtion) The addition on the right was supposed to be entirely for wood storage, but I bought a 4 weeler and so that cut it down quite a bit. Never enough room. %-P The picture on the right although turned 90 degrees, is my grandson inside with the wood stacks he just helped Papa move.

That is neat having your grandson helping out.l Nice shed too.

PapaDave said:
Looks like 'ya got yourself a good helper there!
Very nice shed addition, too!
Backwoods Savage That is neat having your grandson helping out.l Nice shed too.
He is a very good helper and he loves to help his Papa, and Papa loves to have him with him. He will stick with me for however long it takes. I can't wait for him to get a little bigger and maybe help save Papa's back :) Here is another picture giving me the thumbs up (with a half acorn stuck on his thumb...don't know what was up with that lol)

Attachments

• IMG_20100925_145706.jpg
    IMG_20100925_145706.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 467
Wow that is some shed that can hang wood from the roof or is it an anti-gravity shed?
Nice set up and great little helper you got there!

tfdchief said:
PapaDave said:
He is a very good helper and he loves to help his Papa, and Papa loves to have him with him. He will stick with me for however long it takes. I can't wait for him to get a little bigger and maybe help save Papa's back :) Here is another picture giving me the thumbs up (with a half acorn stuck on his thumb...don't know what was up with that lol)
I don't know papa, you sure thats a thumbs up?

Bubbavh said:
Wow that is some shed that can hang wood from the roof or is it an anti-gravity shed?
Nice set up and great little helper you got there!
Neat huh? Its like Backwoods Savage's vertical log splitting....its majic :)

gzecc said:
tfdchief said:
PapaDave said:
I know. I wish I would have noticed what it looked like before I posted. Sorry guys. Click on the photo and enlarge it....really, its his thumb with half an acorn on it :sick:

tfdchief said:
gzecc said:
tfdchief said:
PapaDave said:
I know. I wish I would have noticed what it looked like before I posted. Sorry guys. Click on the photo and enlarge it....really, its his thumb with half an acorn on it :sick:

Are you sure ? Isn't that the neighbor boy warning you to step back from his wood pile ! LOL

I like your trailer. Nice and tall, big tires, easy to weave through traffic in the back yard.
What is the small handle for, on the top front corner?
Is the front wall opening for putting a tree / log into?

maplewood said:
I like your trailer. Nice and tall, big tires, easy to weave through traffic in the back yard.
What is the small handle for, on the top front corner?
Is the front wall opening for putting a tree / log into?
It is great in the back yard. I like it better than a wheel barrow. It is like a kids wagon, with a long front handle to pull it with and the opening is for the handle in the up position to rest in. The "small handle on the top front corner"? I am not sure what you are seeing but both sides, and the front and rear have break-over latches that when released, the sides fold down. I bought it from Northern Tools and beefed it up with plate aluminium inside the wire mesh sides....made it real sturdy. Here is a link to it. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchallpartial

Status
Not open for further replies.