Yay! Finally got all new windows!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ikessky

Minister of Fire
Sep 2, 2008
Northern WI
Some of you might have seen my struggles with my old single pane windows before (tons of moisture in the winter). We built a new attached garage last fall and changed our old garage into a family room. Since we were already doing vinyl siding on the garage, we decided to do the entire house. Since we were residing the entire house, we decided it was time to replace all the windows. Well, life got in the way and so I am just now getting back to the project. As of 6PM on Monday night, I officially have all low-e insulated vinyl windows and a new patio door to match. I have never cared much about heat lose when we were burning wood, but I'll be interested to see how the AC goes this next summer.

Awesome! I hope your comfort level is much higher! I know I can feel the difference in the rooms of my house.

Matt

New windows made a big difference for us in our old house, which was built around 1890. Tightened things up noticeably. Enjoy.

Our house definitely isn't that old! The old windows were single pane and the frame was 100% wood. In the winter time, you couldn't even get them open. In fact, when it was time to open them in the spring/summer, I would have to tap around the frame while cranking on them. The new windows in the bedrooms and kitch are all slide-by's, which will help air flow vs the old awning styles. The family room and dining room (all very large windows) are casements.

Status
Not open for further replies.