Yea the gas furance is up again!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
smokinjay said:

Ha, no laughing matter. I've been stuffing it in all day preparing for it. Gotta get this house tightened up in the next year so it doesn't require planning.

SolarAndWood said:
smokinjay said:

Ha, no laughing matter. I've been stuffing it in all day preparing for it. Gotta get this house tightened up in the next year so it doesn't require planning.

I need to get one of those inferred camera's I have done everything I can think of...Couple hundred tubes of caulk 105 bales of blown in insulation. Curtains are heavy fleece floors insulated and foam in the foundation. Tree's growing foundation plants in. Wood Furnace heating hot water as well gas furnace gas fireplace. 5 years of hard labour 5k in equiment and still not quite there. Halloween my gf was mother nature because I am always saying she kicks my @ss all the time. If I dont laugh at this point I will torch the place....lol

smokinjay said:
SolarAndWood said:
Doesn't help you Jay, but Anthracite is $220/ton in bulk 10 miles from my house. Pretty compelling when you don't have access to NG. How big is the firebox in your furnace? Loading every 4 hours must be putting out some serious heat.

Its Big guess 5.0 or more cubic feet. Just needed wot yesterday up 17 today and lower winds..WOOTWOOOT! I would like to keep a ton around just cant find it.
Check to your NE, lots of Amish burn it up around Berne/Geneva area. Berne is also the home of Hitzer stoves, popular manufacturer of coal stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.