Year of knowledge.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulywalnut

Minister of Fire
Nov 29, 2012
Kennett Square, PA
Happy New Year to all! I've been burning wood for a long time and this year has been awesome for me picking up some great tips. Thanks to all who contribute to this great forum. Hope we all have a nice cold winter ahead! Crazy right?:)

Reactions: Beer Belly
Yes and no. Cold is good -- helps kill off some bugs that need to be killed off. But the negative temps along with the wind chill factor are a bit brutal. I could use some warm up.

Reactions: Paulywalnut
Yes and no. Cold is good -- helps kill off some bugs that need to be killed off. But the negative temps along with the wind chill factor are a bit brutal. I could use some warm up.
Well Jake you live in Maine...That's a little different.!!!

Take a few days off and come down to the Tropics of Virginia to warm up Jake. Forecast is a balmy high of 25F and low of 7F for Friday. Tee shirt weather for a Mainer.

Take a few days off and come down to the Tropics of Virginia to warm up Jake. Forecast is a balmy high of 25F and low of 7F for Friday. Tee shirt weather for a Mainer.

True story . . . back a number of years ago I went to Emmitsburg, Maryland for the National Fire Academy and even though it was winter I didn't pack a coat figuring it would be pretty mild. Suffice it to say, I was wrong . . . it was cold . . . just not quite as cold. I did not linger much while going from the dorm to the classroom or mess hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.