Yep, Trees comin down!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soupy1957

Minister of Fire
Jan 8, 2010
Connecticut
www.youtube.com
All over the neighborhood, you can hear the 'CRACK' of deciduous (sp?) trees dropping leave-laden branches.

Some of the trees that were severely compromised from Hurricane Irene not all that long ago, are falling as well.

Looks like a windfall for the more enterprising folks.

A tree across the street is now "across the street" quite literally.

-Soupy1957

soupy1957 said:
All over the neighborhood, you can hear the 'CRACK' of deciduous (sp?) trees dropping leave-laden branches.

Some of the trees that were severely compromised from Hurricane Irene not all that long ago, are falling as well.

-Soupy1957

Ditto.

Cracking sounds all over the place. The red maples on my lot are getting creamed. No kindling issues this winter.

It's too bad, I have more wood than I can handle at this point.

soupy1957 said:

-Soupy1957

I remember those sounds (creepy) from the ice storm of 98 when we lived in the village of Massena, I'm sure it will be 100 times worse up here in the woods.

zap

I helped my neighbors clear some downed limbs blocking their driveways this afternoon. All the while we were a little worried that some other branches might come tumbling down without warning. I'm a little pissed because I just touched the chain to the driveway... not good to ruin a new chain, but maybe an opportunity to ditch this low kickback chain that came with the saw for something a little quicker to cut.

Lots and lots of tree limbs down including an ornamental right next to my front walkway, just tipped right over. No huge trees down yet but the wind hasn't kicked up yet either.

Been hearing the same sounds here in Virginia. Several small branches down on my property. Going up to the National Forest tomorrow to see if some larger trees came down. Very wet snow weighing a lot of limbs and branches down or cracking the trees altogether. Very scenic but it's already starting to melt here. With the weight of this snow branches can break quickly so to all who are out cutting be watchful and safe!

The snow is falling, branches are falling, The stove is at 550, the wife jumpy, kids are sleeping, the lights are flickering. I'm drinking a beer. It's a good night

i dont have to go far to scrounge. big branches falling over the yard. its scary sitting here listening to this though. thank god for generator and wood stove.

tsquini said:
The snow is falling, branches are falling, The stove is at 550, the wife jumpy, kids are sleeping, the lights are flickering. I'm drinking a beer. It's a good night

<made me chuckle.......thanks, for that!

-Soupy1957

No snap, crackle, pop down here, near the Sound. Relatively few without power here.
Lots of trees and shrubs hanging low.
Good day for a cruise later, with chainsaws. Some folks will need help.

Looks like northern CT got hammered this time. Near 100% power outage north of rt 84.
Colchester is "only" at 33%outage this time. There's a tree hanging on the power lines up the street but we haven't lost power yet.
The only good thing is after Irene lots of people took preparedness to heart and now have generators os supplies.

The group home across the street had a tree across the driveway after Irene that I cleaned up for them. Now an oak that was leaning after the hurricane came down in their front yard.(missed the house) I'll go over in a little while and offer to take care of it for them.

Wood whores to the rescue!!

Lucked out here . . . the birches were almost all bowed over . . . a few pine branches came down . . . but no large trees . . . haven't gone out to the woodlot yet though to see if my hangers have dropped.

I still dont have power, maybe today I hope. Ive already cut about a cord from downed trees in my yard. My princess has been doing a stellar job keeping us warm but I look forward to getting power and cable back.

Status
Not open for further replies.