YES! 12 hour burn in the Republic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eclecticcottage

Minister of Fire
Dec 7, 2011
WNY
I loaded with four ecobricks and 4 smallish splits (one on each side n/s with the 4 bricks e/w between and then the two other splits on top of the bricks n/s) yesterday @ 6:30/7:00 am. The top two splits were probably 4" wide max and were "jackets" (the outside cuts from a log) from a lumber place near by (no idea of species). The two side splits were probably 3" wide at the base and tapered, again, unknown species.

We picked up some scrounge on the way back so I didn't get to the stove again until 7ish at night. Threw some driftwood on, opened the air and we were going again.

Reloaded on a hot coal bed at @ 10:30pm with three bricks and a big fat split (unknown species, about 7" wide and 4" tall) and had glowing coals still this am at 6:30. Didn't reload because we were forecast to be in the 40's today and it was still nearly 70 this am (and teens outside-I don't think we hit 40 today).

Pretty proud of the little Lopi (ok, not SO little, but not the biggest one out there either). It was about 64 degrees in the Cottage when I relit last night, and it had been in the 20's all day with a reasonable breeze (COLD) off the lake.

O_M_G. I just restarted a new fire for tonight...from coals from LAST NIGHT!! I can't believe it. Definately not usable heat left...but still usable coals at 6:30pm from a reload the night before at 10:30?! Wow....The air wasn't even cut back all the way-1/4 open like normal...*blinking in amazement*

I would try those if they had a retail place around here. I'd like to see how they compare to the ecobricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.