Yet another Craigslist Idiot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy isn't charging. I sent him an email telling him that he's a fool for not charging people for his premium firewood.
All those power line sure look like fun.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/zip/2631736467.html

My goodness, I was just about to stop looking then I see this buyer...
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/grd/2636158490.html

I need 10-15 cord of GOOD SEASONED hardwood delivered with Diameters of up to 12 inches ok.If you do not have well seasoned do not reply..If you want more than $75.00 do not reply.If you meet the above criteria give me a call 716-445-0259

Good seasoned, with diameter of 12"?

Dune said:
http://capecod.craigslist.org/mat/2632072974.html

I have Approximately 1 Dozen mature oaks that I'd like to get out of here before the leaves fall.You will need to be insured and have some tight space capabilities. Most are good sized and some are huge. You take the lumber-I don't pay-Stumps need to go also.Absolutely No Damage other than some grass areas. Respond by Email. You'll get a lot of wood and free advertising in a nice area. Thanks for Looking-Before the Leaves Fly!

My take; you must be an expert tree service, well equipped, and insured, you must work for free, and I need it done now.

When you get there to check out the 12 oak trees, they end up being 12 dead pine trees in a swamp.

I wonder if he's had any takers?

Dune said:
How about telling your car mechanic he can keep the junk parts in exchange for replacing them for you?

great analogy

onetracker said:
Dune said:
How about telling your car mechanic he can keep the junk parts in exchange for replacing them for you?

great analogy

Thanks, that was the one I used in the e-mail I sent the guy. I probably should learn to MYOB a bit more, but some people need to get a clue.

onetracker said:
Dune said:

great analogy

I just sent him this........

Hi,

I just got a really big chainsaw from a friend and am learning the tree cutting business. I'd be willing to come out and "give it a shot" at felling your trees. I don't have insurance yet (it is really expensive, no wonder real tree service charge money to take down trees hahaha). I'll be pretty neat about things and clean everything up (but I don't have construction skills, so if something like your house gets damaged, I can't fix it!).

Anyway, if you'd like to give me the opportunity, I'd love to come out and let the chips fly!

Oh, one other thing, do you have a pretty good homeowner's insurance policy? Just wondering.

Fred

HittinSteel said:
onetracker said:
Dune said:

great analogy

Hi,

I just got a really big chainsaw from a friend and am learning the tree cutting business. I'd be willing to come out and "give it a shot" at felling your trees. I don't have insurance yet (it is really expensive, no wonder real tree service charge money to take down trees hahaha). I'll be pretty neat about things and clean everything up (but I don't have construction skills, so if something like your house gets damaged, I can't fix it!).

Anyway, if you'd like to give me the opportunity, I'd love to come out and let the chips fly!

Oh, one other thing, do you have a pretty good homeowner's insurance policy? Just wondering.

Fred

Did you hear back from the guy?

Flatbedford said:
HittinSteel said:
onetracker said:
Dune said:

great analogy

Hi,

Fred

Did you hear back from the guy?

Just sent it. If I do, I'll post this assclowns response.

I actually responded to this guy. I simply said "you're an idiot" his response was classic "takes one to know one"

HittinSteel said:
onetracker said:
Dune said:

great analogy

Hi,

Fred

:lol: Perfect.

Are the leaves falling on Cape Cod yet? They sure are in NJ. I want to put up a web site for j@ck@$$ses like this....list out what it really costs to cut down and process trees. A chipper than can run $70K, saws at $1K each, a chip truck at $40K, climbing harnesses, a log splitter, commercial space to store your equipment, insurance, salaries, gas, diesel etc etc etc. We could just send these mucking forons a link so they could see how stupid they are. Or, we could create a website, "jackassesofcraigslist".....people selling trees, dumb@$$ses looking for outrageous dollars for old junk, etc etc etc. I know times are tough, but it seems like the stupid quotient is off the charts these days.

Irene gave the leaves a lttle head start up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.