Yet another Englander 30 owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the stove is installed and hooked up and is burning nicely! It got down to 32 degrees outside on saturday night into sunday morning and everything outside had a thick coat of frost. House was at 62 degrees when I woke up. Started up a small fire in the stove and by 11:30 it was 85 right near the stove and a nice 72 degrees in the middle of the house in the kitchen. I still need a stove top thermometer so I am unsure about stove top temps for my first couple of fires and I was trying to be careful as to not over-fire because of not knowing the temps.

Picture is of the fire that I had last night. The secondaries amaze me every time. I think my wife is tired of hearing me say "honey come and look at the flames in the stove!"

Attachments

• IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 323
Get that man a tshirt!

Reactions: Huntindog1
Here's yer shirt.

englander t shirt.jpg

Call Englander and ask them what the heck happened to the AC-16 blower that should have been inside the stove.

Where did you buy the stove?

Bought the stove at a local hardware store. It looked like it sat in their warehouse for quite some time. I don't know when Englander started to ship them with the AC 16 blower included but my thoughts are that this stove was manufactured before that. I should check if there is a date on the back.

There is a date.

If you haven't seen the date then you probably haven't registered the warranty yet. Ask when you call to register it.

I just registered my stove online. I will have to call them and ask about the blower. From what I can tell the stove would have to have a different back plate with a circle cut out to accept the AC-16 blower which mine just has the rectangle plate that would be removed to add the AC-30 blower.

OK. You got the one before they included the AC-16.

How big of an area are you heating? Just curious. I am also interested in an nc30.
I am about to buy a new stove for my basement and am worried about buying to large or to small.
My basement is about 25x27 unisulated block with a door that leads to a 33x24 garage that is also unisulated block.

If they do not give you one no worries - I never use mine. Just get a small desk fan and use that. Much quieter and all you need is some air movement for convection.

Those secondaries amaze me to. Although I get no smoke with the Lennox Country the secondaries never seem to be so effortlessly providing heat like that.

How big of an area are you heating? Just curious. I am also interested in an nc30.
I am about to buy a new stove for my basement and am worried about buying to large or to small.
My basement is about 25x27 unisulated block with a door that leads to a 33x24 garage that is also unisulated block.

No need to worry about too small, you can't really get anything bigger.

My house is 75 x 30 and with the Englander the house is warm actually too warm if I load it up even half full with pine and popple at the temps right now (mid 40's in the day down to right at freezing at night). The opposite side of the house from where the stove is at is a bit cooler than the main living area but only by a few degrees.

you guys saying the new nc30 comes with a blower motor?

Yeah. The 30-NC now comes with both legs and pedestal and the AC-16 blower. Has for at least two years.

might have to pick up another on spring clearance...

That is a great fire view. Enjoy!

The AC-30 is a much quieter blower than the AC-16, plus the -30 has a rheostat vs. "hi/lo" on the -16 plus moves more air and takes up less rear space.

Let's see, that's win-win-win-win.... well you get the idea. Downside is $$$ and you can't get a credit for the free -16. Oh well, life's tough, then you die....

Lookin' good! Englander makes a great stove! I don't have the 30NC, but rather the 13NCI and I've been very impressed with it! Enjoy your warm house this winter!

NC30 would be good for that size of basement room, the walls will absorb some of the heat. I painted my basement walls with the Lowes Valspar Duramax Outdoor white paint. The reason I specified that paint was I am getting good radiated heat reflection away from the basement walls to cut down on the walls absorbing heat. White is a good color to reflect heat as well as that paint has ceramics in it for durability but also the ceramics help reflect heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.