Yet another load of mostly large oak and some maple!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xikar

Feb 25, 2013
Connecticut
Had a couple more loads of wood dropped after cutting up and splitting mostly all that last load. Looks like mostly oak with some maple mixed in and a few oddball pieces that I can't ID. Started cutting it up last night and will try to finish this afternoon. Some pics for your viewing pleasure... LOL

IMG_20130920_093919_zps9e1a178e.jpg
IMG_20130920_093901_zpsd40b7e24.jpg
IMG_20130920_093855_zps71348a77.jpg

dam, some big pieces there

Yeah, most of it was in 10'+ lengths and pretty large diameter. Thankfully I finally have a big boy saw that eats through it rather easily! My father dug out his old Husky 281xp and pretty much gave it to me. Threw a new 24" bar and chain on it and the thing is an animal! The Echo cs 400 would had been struggling to cut all this.

Looks like you have some Norway Maple there too.

That is a good way to put up a lot of wood fast.

WOW

Nice ..! enjoy spliting and cutting that up :)

Lotsa good wood man

Thanks guys! I need to get moving on cutting and splitting this now. I'm hoping to see another couple loads delivered next week as well. It's almost to the point of being overwhelming. LOL

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.