Yet another Thermostat question!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinn

Oct 8, 2008
NY
So I have been tossing around getting a wireless thermostat so I called a store local to me that is supposed to be a dealer for Ambient thermostats. The lady that answered the phone didn't even know the brand so she asked a salesman that was standing near her. I heard his response to her question clear as day through the phone.

Lady answering phone talking to salesman..."Can we get wireless thermostats?"

Salesman..."You don't want one, nothing but trouble."

So I ask you here are they really that bad, because I love the idea of using a thermostat for my stove, especially in the shoulder season when the nights get chilly. I would like to have a wireless one so I don't have to snake wire through all the walls and such but not if it won't be any good. It looks like a lot of people here are happy with their wireless setups but I am wondering why this salesman was so matter of fact about them being no good.

Sorry for another thermostat question I know there are a few posted already but I more wanted to share my experience with this particular shop.

I have had my Skytech II wireless thermostat for about a year now. When I go to bed at night I bring it upstairs with me and set the temp for 67 and the room stays at 67 all night long. I bring it back downstairs in the day time and set the temp to 62 when we are not home. When I get home, I set it to 70 and the downstairs stays at 71 or so until we head for bed. I have had no problems at all with this unit. Set up was a snap and well worth the money. no wires to run and the transmitter fits in the control box area compartment of my Quad CB1200i like it was made for it. I have had people ask me how I regulate the temp in the house and I had them the control. People love toys. I have no idea what your dealer is talking about unless it has something to do with the type of stove you have.

The thing is it is not even where I got my stove and they never even asked what kind of stove I was running. All I did was ask if they had them in stock and told them that it was for a pellet stove. To be honest the guy just sounded like a know it all jerk, didn't even say they were good for this but not that or anything, just basically don't bother and made me feel like an idiot for asking about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.