Yet more fire pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cone packs- the cones melt at different temps to help monitor progress
532191_357026844342479_108145139230652_1076321_726870538_n.jpg

557046_360712740640556_108145139230652_1086408_870506285_n.jpg

557046_360712743973889_108145139230652_1086409_817768959_n.jpg

Awesomeness.

Have I noted a change in you kiln? Something looks different. (no, its not because your hair is shorter this time.:p)

I'm figuring a rack of ribs would take about 11 seconds.

I watched a few old episodes of "Dirty Jobs" this weekend. One episode was a potter in the Carolinas that made cool jugs with faces on them, another was a brick factory with enormous kilns and then the last one was a steel mill. Anybody here beside me have a strange attraction to things that catch fire, melt or burn?

I watched a few old episodes of "Dirty Jobs" this weekend. One episode was a potter in the Carolinas that made cool jugs with faces on them, another was a brick factory with enormous kilns and then the last one was a steel mill. Anybody here beside me have a strange attraction to things that catch fire, melt or burn?

I am thinkin of trying the DIY Finnish stove thang this weekend...does that make me a bad person...nahhh.;)
AP would be proud...Pfft..yeah right...like that can compare to what he does with the kiln,..:ZZZ;lol

Small steps Gamma, small steps.

I can't get the thought of making a home built pizza oven off my mind lately. Fire, pizza, beer. It's all good.

Jon- those face jugs have an interesting history. I have a friend that's an 8th generation potter who makes them. I saw that one, but I missed the brick making segment- I need to find it.

There was a Sidney Poitier movie called "the Last Brick Maker" was supposed to be really good and showed the process as well. I know folks that made their own bricks for kin building via the old school methods. Lots of fascinating work.

Those jugs were something special. The brickmaking was season 3 episode 11 on Netflix.

Yeah . . . every firefighter I've ever met. ;)

By the way Jon- if you want to make a simple cob oven for woodfiring pizza- lemme know. I have about 1000 pounds of clay that I don't particularly like and you could have a couple hundred pounds of it if you want to go that route.

Balls, balls, all I see is BALLS.

That Nuka glaze is crazy looking. Great looking stuff, AP.

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
Status
Not open for further replies.