Yikes!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
The old birch finally gave up.

Attachments

• 100_7776.JPG
    100_7776.JPG
    287.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 100_7777.JPG
    100_7777.JPG
    326.3 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Yikes is right. Might have given it up but its not over yet. I'd be leaving that thing alone.

Only one word I can think of to describe that - precarious.

Can you get a rope over it and pull it with a truck or a come along? Depending on who uses those woods, it might be worth lining the area out with caution tape. Either way, make sure that widow maker isn't the reason a life insurance check ends up in your mailbox.

I'm waiting for Mother Nature to take care of it.

You'd be surprised at the strength of the other trees holding that up ! Mother nature may not take it down. I would look it over very well and make a plan on taking it down. Make sure you let others around you not to go near.

That looks like a big one! Several years ago we had perhaps the largest paper birch tree I've seen. Sadly, time takes a toll on them the same as it does on our bodies. Nothing left of it now.

I think once you get a good wind, she'll come down sooner than later. Of course, to make things fun, maybe break out the ol' shotgun.

Reactions: Gark
Status
Not open for further replies.