York, PA craigslist scrounge opportunity

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ansehnlich1

Retired Hearth.com Member
Dec 5, 2006
Adams County, PA
Hey it sounds like a lot of pine but he mentions some hardwood in the ad too.

http://york.craigslist.org/grd/1556163118.html

Free Pine Firewood ~ You cut and haul (Brogue)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-01-16, 7:03PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a stand of pines, approximately 2 acres that has not been cared for over the years. When I moved here it was terribly overgrown and the pines were choked out by vine and multifloral rose. I turned a herd of goats out in it for a few years and it is now cleared out enough to get in there and cut the wood out. I'm offering all the wood (except the trees I want to be left standing) to anyone as firewood. Lots of dead wood, not rotted and standing live wood. Would be good for outdoor wood furnace, just not good for my fireplaces or wood stoves. I would want the person to come and cut it themselves and take it out of here. It would take a few weekends I would guess, there's a lot of wood to be had. Please don't contact me unless you're serious about doing the work to get it cleared out. I will deal with the waste left behind. There are also some hardwood trees in there, I want all of those to be cut down. If you're interested in doing this email me.

Thanks!

ansehnlich1 said:
"Would be good for outdoor wood furnace, just not good for my fireplaces or wood stoves"

Words of wisdom; let's keep it safe out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.