Yosemite or King's Canyon?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you visit Kings Canyon or Yosemite if you only had time for one? I'm planning a CA trip in November. I've already seen Sequoia Nat'l Forest, so that may be overlapping with Kings Canyon.

I've done both King's canyon and Yosemite national park on a twelve day trip we took in 2010 with my son and his wife as our tour guides. If I were you and have already been to Sequoia I would opt for Yosemite. I could have spent the whole twelve days in there but my son wanted to try and pack as much as he could into the time we had. How many days do you have?

One fun thing we did in Yosemite was hire a guide who took us fly fishing. It was a first for any of us and it was a blast. Definitely worth looking into even if you've done fly fishing before.

Make reservations now!

Yosemite. By far my favorite of the 20 or so national parks I have been to. A must see for everyone. Olmsted Pt. is my favorite view on Earth. November is late though and the pass may be closed (depending on the weather). Glacier Pt. is another great view, as is the valley. The valley is always a zoo with the crowds though. Book early!

I am not planning on being there long. Just a quick in and out of the park...will mostly do the driving tour with maybe a few stops and some light hiking. I think November is an advantage in some ways if the park is not as busy. I only spent a few hours at Sequoia, but was able to see the famous trees and get a feel for the place. I know you could spend forever in these parks and not experience them, but I won't have that much time.

I'm not planning on staying in the park. Lodging is always a lot more than it would be 20 or 30 miles away.

Yosemite

I am not planning on being there long. Just a quick in and out of the park...will mostly do the driving tour with maybe a few stops and some light hiking. I think November is an advantage in some ways if the park is not as busy. I only spent a few hours at Sequoia, but was able to see the famous trees and get a feel for the place. I know you could spend forever in these parks and not experience them, but I won't have that much time.

I'm not planning on staying in the park. Lodging is always a lot more than it would be 20 or 30 miles away.
National Geographic.

Yosemite is epic and humbling. Plan on arriving early and leaving late.

Status
Not open for further replies.