You can tell the heating season is getting close

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrowningBAR

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
San Tan Valley, AZ
Cuz I'm finding VC Vigilants posted on CraigsList for $1,500-$2,000. I always wonder if they ever come close to getting those prices.

Wow - I've got an old VC Resolute I'de be happy to unload for $300. That does seem high for the Vigilant, depending on how old it is.

We're talking the old pre-EPA Vigilants. Every year from September on I see outrageous prices for old stoves.

What are you doing looking at Craigs list stoves? Keep away before your tempted again. ;lol

The original Resolute sold for about $450 and the Vigilant for about $650 IIRC. Sounds like they are gaining antique or cult value.

Cuz I'm finding VC Vigilants posted on CraigsList for $1,500-$2,000. I always wonder if they ever come close to getting those prices.

Wow
A brand new VC Vigilant coal stove in classic black is $1969.00 ! ! !

What are you doing looking at Craigs list stoves? Keep away before your tempted again. ;lol

Must. Buy. More. STOVES!;lol

Seriously, though, I'm selling the intrepid in a few weeks once I get it sand blasted and refinished. Just seeing what the going prices are for the stove.

The original Resolute sold for about $450 and the Vigilant for about $650 IIRC. Sounds like they are gaining antique or cult value.

But, BeGreen, these stoves are in "like new condition! A new stove like this will cost you thousands! ! !"

I can tell heating season is close as it's getting dark at 7:30 and cooling off more at night.

I had to run my oil heater again last night. It was down to 45 degrees overnight and was only up to 65 degrees outside yesterday. Funny... my last fire was right about two months ago just before the 4th.

I had to run my oil heater again last night. It was down to 45 degrees overnight and was only up to 65 degrees outside yesterday. Funny... my last fire was right about two months ago just before the 4th.

45 degrees? I'm jealous.

Reactions: PapaDave
Not complaining at all considering the sweltering heat many of you have experienced this summer. I don't mind 80 degrees from fire in winter but don't care for it much outside during the summer. At least the humidity is typically low here during the summer.

This was a pretty mild summer for us. Especially August.

Must. Buy. More. STOVES!;lol

Seriously, though, I'm selling the intrepid in a few weeks once I get it sand blasted and refinished. Just seeing what the going prices are for the stove.

The Intrepid II Catalytic Combustor wood stove in classic black brand new is $1889.00

Sometimes the used price of a stove is approx half of the new price which would be $944.00 if in really good condition.
It deos depend upon the age and condition of the stove. If you do refinish it, that would help obtain the max value.

In a quick sale as is maybe $300 - $600 ? ?

These are approx #s I have found but it also depends upon the economics of the region which will also slide these numbers up or down.

Black Walnut trees are starting to lose their leaves, football is under way, and my new insert is yelling use me, use me! Mid October Ill start moving some white ash into the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.