You guys on LI have it good

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarAndWood

Minister of Fire
Feb 3, 2008
Syracuse NY
My older daughter had a swim meet in Nassau county this weekend. We went to Jones Beach Sunday morning and found that you guys on LI get spring a little earlier than we do in Syracuse. It was glorious.

Attachments

• 032011 girls n me at Jones Beach.jpg
    032011 girls n me at Jones Beach.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 434
  • 032011 Hootie at Jones Beach.jpg
    032011 Hootie at Jones Beach.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 414
Im ready for the beach! Great pictures

I've ready for some warm weather. I agree, nice pictures.

So, that's why we had rain/snow mix today!

Keep you BUTT up there, and take this miserable weather with ya! :)

PJF1313 said:
So, that's why we had rain/snow mix today!

Keep you BUTT up there, and take this miserable weather with ya! :)

Ha, sounds like you have us to thank for your nice weekend :lol:

SolarAndWood said:
Ha, sounds like you have us to thank for your nice weekend :lol:

Yeah, yeah, yeah... But, I'm a Thurs -> Mon work guy :sick:

If I would've REMEMBERED that you and your family where coming down this weekend, I would've invited you over for a brew or two. (we're about 20-25 miles east of J.B.)

How did the meet go? (Hopefully, indoors, in a heated pool, instead of the cool bay! )

Ahhh, Jones Beach. The last time I was there was to see James Taylor :)

Trust me in that you would not have wanted to be standing there this past January !

Nope, wasn't an open water event, it was at the Nassau County Aquatic Center. Pretty impressive structure. My daughter walked away a state champ as part of her relay team. We went to Croxley's on Saturday. Seems you guys have more than just nice weather and beaches.

Attachments

• Nassau Aquatic Center.jpg
    Nassau Aquatic Center.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 328
Come out to the "Hamptons", you'll have a blast. Come in the summer time, how ever %-P

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Come out to the "Hamptons", you'll have a blast. Come in the summer time, how ever %-P

Seems the further you drive out, the nicer it gets. But, if you are visiting, you have to drive back. From my recent experience, 5pm on a Sunday is the wrong time to be heading west.

mikepinto65 said:
Im ready for the beach! Great pictures

With your avatar, I had guessed you were one to go out and watch the bay.

Congratulate your daughter for us for her win!

Eileen has it right, come out farther east next time in the warmer months.
The best way of beating that @#%^ traffic is to get in, or out, in the wee hours of the morning.

SolarAndWood said:
My older daughter had a swim meet in Nassau county this weekend. We went to Jones Beach Sunday morning and found that you guys on LI get spring a little earlier than we do in Syracuse. It was glorious.

Looks good Solar and tell your daughter congratulations. Your youngest daughter looks like she is the BOSS!

zAP

It aint all that great, the Island. The good towns from the old days are getting taken over by a virus, block by block. I've been on the beach and had things I wont mention washing up on shore. They Heyday of LI is past unless your filthy rich. You should know that we already live in Paradise buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.