You guyz have been elf'd....round 1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no can do lady..I'll feel naked without it. No one wants to see me naked.

BrotherBart said:
Elk had a fireplace store owner partner at first in the the new site. The theme of the place from the git go was bad mouthing this joint and Craig. And me on occasion which just gave me a chuckle. The partner went away pretty soon and no effort was made to keep the spambots from registering. Heck I used to monitor it and post on occasion. Legit posting waned and I think he got tired of messing with it. He let the domain registration expire last year.

If anybody gets their nose out of joint and wants to go create a new site the domain name hearthtalk.com is probably available over at godaddy.com. It was the first of two spawned by disgruntled members here. Neither one seemed to want to devote the work to making the sites successful like Craig has.

The long and short of it is that calling Craig a liar on his own board ain't really a smart thing to do if ya wanna hang out here. :-S That is what email is for. :lol:

Thanks for the info BB . . .

Guess this also proves . . . there is only one hearth.com!

I'm assuming the other imitator was Pook?

Webmaster said:
I think you had to have been there!

But we had a King of the Forum named Elk....a building official here in MA who was a good guy, but eventually really fooled himself and and others into thinking he controlled the place. Long story short, he ranted against me and some of the regulars and threatened to start his own forum, etc...

One of our forum members took his pic - put it on the Elf, and then called in on the phone line and added verbage like "I'm gonna start my own forum"...etc.....

It came out really good. You had to be there! I laughed out loud for MANY hours....

Oh, he did start his own forums, the "hearth industries most honest forums"....the whole idea of the name being that we were dishonest. Of course, the fact that I caught him selling his own promo (pimping) here on the forums didn't endear him to me either....

Damn, it's been fun.

Oh, chit. Gamma. Now you are gonna get the idea that you can sell Gamma Sponsorships on the side. Don't answer that PM from Mike at Englander, please! (or, alternatively, cut me and BB in on 1/2)

Oh yeah I remember Elkimeg at least I think that was his name? I wondered what happened to him now I know he was banished to Siberia!

Ray

GAMMA RAY said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I tried like hell to get Foss in this one but the pic I found would not work.....but I found another one.... :)
Ya never know who is gonna show up in the next round.... :cheese:

Good one Gamma! I think you'd make a pretty cute elf and have the right hair for it too!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.