You know it's a mild Winter when...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even keep my stove on idle setting #1 (on High/Low) without overheating the house. This is ridiculous, I actually shut down my stove this morning to let the house 'cool down'. Thinking about putting it back on Auto/Off for the stat, wait is that a crocus out in the yard?

Its mild and I love it!. I think this is when you really save money by using the stove, the furnace never needs to kick on the make up the heat the stove cant keep up with. If this trend keeps up, I estimate I may save between $1500 and $2000 in propane costs.

Normally I'd be tapping into my 3rd ton by now. Just barely started the second ton with only 54 burned so far. Mind you I ain't complaining one bit, Cause its like money in the bank. Looks like I may only burn 2.5 tons if this keeps up. Might loose my pig status and that's gonna be a pretty sad day for me! What will I do if I can't go pellet hunting? Normally I'd have scored a ton by now. Kind of bummed here and rather bored cus I can go pellet shopping.

What can I control my pellet buying sickness/urges with if I can't go buy any fuel??? :ahhh: :sick:

OMV,

You still don't get it, he is going to make a midnight requisition at your place, the hunting is just a bluff to draw you off guard.

I'm safe from his raiding he'd need 4 wheel drive and chains to get to my stash. I have a down hill up hill both ways skating rink out there these days. I have to break a trail in the crusted over snow to get to the mail box and back in one piece.

SmokeyTheBear said:
...skating rink out there these days.

^this!

i'd gladly lose the savings in pellets if the weather would just stay below freezing rather than this daily warming and subsequent refreezing.
what a freakin' mess.

Eatonpcat said:
j-takeman said:
oldmountvernon said:
you can buy and stash it here :)

I wasn't born yesterday fella! :lol:

If I remember correctly, You would have to add a whole lot of day before yesterday's to get to your birth date!! :coolhmm:

And what are you trying to say here fella?

Takes one to know one! :lol:

I'm not complaining about the warm weather but seeing how I just got my stove installed January 10th it would be nice to actually see what it can do. If this keeps up it would have made sense to wait till next year to buy it.

Pile of pellets is melting reaaallllll ssssllllloooowwww......

I have burned almost ALL of my shoulder pellet stock in order to save the good stuff for the cold weather.

I have to get another TON of shoulder pellets.

Nice freaking problems to have!

And yet........

HHO Prices are still rising.

Go Figure??????

Bastards!!

---Nailer---

I installed my stove on 31 December!
Has not been a month so I am still in the "It's new, let me see what it can do" stage.
It may be cold into late spring so you can still hog your pellets.

Bill

I woundn't call buying a couple of tons being a hog, My normal is over 3. Now I'm even sader than before! sniff~sniff~boohoo~waaah! :-/

O'well more money for fishing lure. That ought to work! :lol:

Today is January 25, and there is a flock of robins in my front yard attacking my holly tree - stripping it of berries.

I've never seen a robin this early.

John97 said:
Today is January 25, and there is a flock of robins in my front yard attacking my holly tree - stripping it of berries.

There are reports that some robins are starting to stay north in the winter.....other people have seen them also.

imacman said:
John97 said:

There are reports that some robins are starting to stay north in the winter.....other people have seen them also.

Haven't seen any here, But I keep an eye out. Cool bird, With an interesting call. Wifes a bird nut and Its rubbing off a little.

smoke show said:
Don't blame the wife for your shortfalls. :cheese:

Not much to do in winter, Kinda like watching chicks sorta. ;-) In the summer when i grab the binoc's, She doesn't need to know what kind of chick I'm checking out. I live on a nice lake with a couple of beaches. Oh, Yes bikini chicks! Shhhh!

Status
Not open for further replies.