You Know when you have too much wood when...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WES999

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2008
Mass north of Boston
there is a add in CL for free fire wood in your town and you can't be bothered to E-mail the guy.
The wood shed is full to over flowing ( about 4-5 cords), I have about a cord of cut up oak palates in the basement,
I think I am good to go!

Attachments

• Picture 187.jpg
    Picture 187.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 821
  • Picture 186.jpg
    Picture 186.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 787
You Know when you have too much wood when…
your wife threatens to leave you and you analyze how much a divorce will cost versus scrounge withdrawal therapy sessions.

Fortunately, I have neither too much wood nor obsessive compulsive scrounge syndrome.

There is no such thing as too much wood. >:-(

+1 but i have a few acres to pile it on

You know you have too much wood when... your local municipality sends you a letter requesting a business licence for commercially processing fire wood on your property within the city limits. >:-( TRUE STORY

It is a very difficult thing to have too much wood.

When the top down start_up kicks on the central air conditioner

Nice stacks! I'm sure that scrap wood will make awesome kindling.

LLigetfa said:
You Know when you have too much wood when…
your wife threatens to leave you and you analyze how much a divorce will cost versus scrounge withdrawal therapy sessions.

Fortunately, I have neither too much wood nor obsessive compulsive scrounge syndrome.

...denial is the first stage. :p Also, the wood can't yell at you.

I sold 10 cords that I cut up last winter. I'm about at the 7 cord mark of ash. Plus another cord of silver maple. I stacked it all on a unused 34 ft diamter grain bin pad. You can't see the floor of the pad. Little did I know we would be producing a record crop and a bin will be built there. My nicely stacked ash will be pushed off into the grass. :( instead of restacking, im buiding ramps out of splits to drive loader tractor up on, and pushing it off. Gotta find a new stacking place now....

I also rented a stump grinder this weekend. 75 bucks for the weekend. I ground 1 36" diameter ash, 48" silver maple and halfway done with a 80" silver maple. That 80" was a beatiful tree, over 175 years old at its death.

after 4 hours you still have too much wood

"You Know when you have too much wood when"… they use your wood piles as a land mark!

Got Wood said:

(Snicker - snicker) Thats funny right there.

When you have to hurry and get it out of the guest room when company is coming to stay a few days.

When your friends see your stacked wood along the property line and say that you must be too cheap to buy a fence.

I have been offered at least 2 cords from two people, but I can't take it until I split and stack the 2 1/2 that are on my driveway. With only 1/4 acre I have a hard time managing my wood.

Too much wood..... this is possible :).

You have too much wood when yourself start thinking about selling some to by a ski-doo for the winter time..... Not a true Story yet, but could very much happen to me somewhere down the road.....

Jags said:
Got Wood said:

Aren't there supposedly grim medical implications at about that point (according to some mentions by a Doc that I know)?

pybyr said:
Jags said:
Got Wood said:

Aren't there supposedly grim medical implications at about that point (according to some mentions by a Doc that I know)?

I think thats where he was going with the comment. Too much = bad.

Flatbedford said:
When your friends see your stacked wood along the property line and say that you must be too cheap to buy a fence.

I have been offered at least 2 cords from two people, but I can't take it until I split and stack the 2 1/2 that are on my driveway. With only 1/4 acre I have a hard time managing my wood.

Hey now, that's exactly what I'm doing with some pine for 2011.
I'm not too worried anyone taking any ofit, either.

pybyr said:
Jags said:
Got Wood said:

Does gangrene count? :eek:hh:

when next years wood is rotting

This is a rhetorical question! How could you ever know you have too much wood when in fact you can never have too much wood? How much wood could a woodchuck chuck.....

Status
Not open for further replies.